After four weeks of not getting out to play, I managed some turning yesterday. I had to take some time out to help a young couple sort out the electrics in their first home. I have no idea how the place didn’t catch fire. Every time I looked at something the level of horror was ramped up a notch or two.
After putting all my tools back where they belong and tidying the shed, I got a piece of old scaffold board mounted up and turned my first Christmas ornament of the year.
OK the painting is a bit shady, I’m too impatient. It’s a great shame that it covers the turning. One of the woodturning masters says if you can get a good finish on pine off the tools you can turn pretty much anything.
Sid was sanded with 320 grit and 400 grit only.