We now have a ceiling in the kitchen! Go me!
You know you’re starting to age when you struggle to hold a sheet of plasterboard above your head and screw it in place. I managed the first sheet on my own, but had to give in and draft our Son in to help with the rest.
To date, I have single-handedly:-
- Taken down the old ceiling
- Installed new wiring for cooker, power, lights, smoke/heat alarms, central heating, TV aerial, telephone, disconnected old lighting circuit & connect new recessed pot lights.
- Knocked through for the extractor and installed ducting
- Plastered and made good damaged surfaces
- Re-structured ceiling to allow for supporting metric plasterboard
- Taped and filled ceiling
- Painted ceiling
- Removed/re-hung kitchen cabinets to allow access
Next step is to start putting Humpty back together again. Hopefully the materials will appear over the weekend to allow me to continue.